The Castles S1F2 terminal is quick and easy to set up with Lightspeed Payments. When you receive the terminal from Lightspeed, it will already be configured for your account, so all you will need to do is plug it in and pair the terminal.
It is important that you only use the terminal supplied to you by Lightspeed, as any terminal obtained from a third party may not be correctly configured for your account and could present a security risk.
What you'll need
While a SIM card is provided by the manufacturer and included inside the terminal, only Wi-Fi is enabled by default. To inquire about adding standalone mode on Wi-Fi or 4G to your account, please reach out to your account manager or one of our dedicated sales representatives.
Setting up the Castles S1F2 payment terminal
Plugging in the terminal
Before you can pair your S1F2 terminal with your Lightspeed account, you'll need to make sure it is charged and set up.
To do so:
- Insert the paper roll by following steps 1a-1c:
- Press on the sides of the paper roll cover to open the cover.
- Place the paper roll in the terminal, making sure a little paper sticks out over the contactless logo on the casing.
- Close the cover.
- Plug the USB charging cable into the terminal and a power source. You can continue with the setup while the battery charges, but be sure to charge the terminal for at least 4 hours when charging for the first time.
- Press and hold the Power button until the display turns on.
- On the Welcome screen, select your preferred language.
- Tap the right arrow button on the screen.
The terminal will prompt you to set up your Wi-Fi connection.
To power the terminal off, press and hold the Power button until a dialog box appears, then confirm that you want to turn the terminal off.
Connecting the terminal to your network
In order to connect your terminal to your Lightspeed account, you'll need to make sure it's connected to your network via Wi-Fi.
To do so:
- On the Setup Wi-Fi screen, select the + sign.
- Turn on the WLAN toggle switch.
- Select your Wi-Fi network from the list, or select the + sign and add the name (SSID) of your Wi-Fi network.
- Enter your Wi-Fi password and tap Connect.
- Tap OK.
When connected, you should then see a Wi-Fi symbol at the top of the screen.
Your terminal will be preconfigured with your store information. You will need to confirm your store before you can pair the terminal with your Lightspeed account. To do so:
- Navigate back to the main menu by tapping the back-arrow.
- Your store name will be displayed, and you will be prompted to confirm your store. Tap the blue checkmark to confirm.
You are now ready to pair the terminal with your Lightspeed account.
Optionally, depending on your network setup, it may be useful to set your terminal to a static IP address, rather than allowing it to use its default setting. This option ensures that your terminal's IP address does not change after a change is made to your network or in the case of a power outage. Visit Understanding basic networking to learn more about the difference between DHCP and Static IP addresses.
Setting up a static IP address on the S1F2 terminal
To set your terminal to a static IP address, you will need information regarding your network setup. This information can be obtained from your network administrator.
To set up a static IP address:
- From the terminal, tap settings.
- Press Network.
- Enter the following PIN: 5773.
- Tap Wi-Fi > Settings.
- Tap Edit.
- Tap the up arrow next to the Advanced Options title to make the DHCP menu option available.
- Scroll down to the DHCP menu.
- Tap on DHCP and switch it to Static.
- Enter the static IP address, the gateway, and the network prefix you wish to set the terminal to. These settings can be obtained from your network administrator.
- Set the DNS to 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11
- Click on the green checkmark to save.
Pairing the terminal with Lightspeed Payments
In Lightspeed K-Series, once you are approved, we automatically connect your Lightspeed Restaurant account and your Lightspeed Payments account.
Your Lightspeed Payments account is automatically created in the Back Office with all the correct details and credentials. In addition, once your terminals are shipped to you, we add their details to the Hardware > Payment Terminals section of your Back Office, saving you the process of manually adding those details. Once the terminal is connected to your network, you can complete the setup by selecting the Refresh Terminals button.
- In the Back Office, navigate to Configuration > Hardware > Payment Terminals.
- Click Refresh Terminals.
Please note that this option has a delay of roughly 15 minutes. Please allow your payment terminal to complete all necessary updates before attempting to add it to your account.
Optionally, you can choose to manually input the IP address of the payment terminal. To complete your setup with this option, you will want to access your device's info page to obtain the terminal's IP address on your network. The IP address can be obtained from the terminal by tapping Settings > Device info. It will be listed under Wi-Fi address.
Make note of the IP address. Then:
- From the Back Office, navigate to Configuration > Hardware > Payment Terminals.
- Click Edit Terminal.
- Enter your terminal's IP address.
- Click Save.
Manually pairing the terminal with Lightspeed Payments
Occasionally, you may need to manually pair a new terminal. Once the terminal is connected to your network, you'll need to pair it with your account. The pairing process will require information that can be found on the terminal's device info page as well as the IP address of the terminal.
- From the Back Office, navigate to Configuration > Hardware > Payment terminals.
- Click Add a new terminal.
- Enter the terminal name which will identify this terminal in your account. The name you choose should distinguish this terminal from any others in your establishment. For example, choose a name that indicates where it will be located, such as "Take-out counter."
- Use the drop-down menu to select Lightspeed Payments - Adyen as the terminal type.
- Enter the terminal's IP address on your network. This can be obtained from the terminal by tapping Settings > Device info. It will be listed under Wi-Fi address.
- Enter the terminal ID. The terminal ID is comprised of the model number and serial number separated by a hyphen, for example, S1F2-000151234567890. The model and serial numbers can both be found by navigating to Settings > Device info.
- Optionally, check the print merchant and customer copy on the terminal checkbox to enable receipt printing on the terminal's onboard printer. Note that doing so will disable printing to any other receipt printer.
- Click Save.
The terminal will now be paired with your account but not necessarily with your devices. In order for your POS device to use the terminal, you'll need to assign the terminal to that device in your Back Office.
Assigning the terminal to your POS device
With the terminal paired to your account, you are ready to assign your terminal to a POS device.
To do so:
- From the Back Office, navigate to Configuration > Devices > Devices.
- Click on the device you wish to assign the terminal to or click Edit under Actions next to the device you wish to assign the terminal to.
- Use the drop-down menu next to Payment terminal to select the name of the terminal you've paired.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Update.
- Under configuration status, click the Reload button. Alternatively, on the device itself, you can tap Settings > Reload .
You are now able to process card payments using your payment terminal.